Improving confidence in the self, for communication with others
At some point in life, the demand for self-confidence speaking comes to all of us
Paul Bench provides private tuition and consultations as well as seminars and training courses in most aspects of performance and communication skills. He has a long established private client service based in and around the West Midlands, Shropshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and Shrewsbury.
Paul Bench is a voice and acting teacher as well as a complementary therapist. He trained with Vera Tinsley in voice and dramatic art and qualified through The Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
He studied theatre and dramatic art at London University later, specialising for his master's degree in literary theory at Birmingham University.
He worked under the great Jungian teacher, Buntie Wills in St John's Wood, London, and subsequently became an International Bach Flower therapist, Reiki practitioner and advanced medical aromatherapist. He is a qualified teacher with a long experience of teaching and lecturing and has been on the board of The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) as an examiner for many years. He has also achieved an Associateship Diploma in Public Speaking.
His work as an examiner and adjudicator for the International and British Federation of Festivals has taken him to many parts of the world including India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Uganda, Kenya, South Africa, Kuwait, United Arab Republics, Singapore, California, Japan, and to Hong Kong. He has also worked in various parts of Europe.
As a tutor for the Voicecare Network, he works with teachers and lecturers in the management of their vocal technique and has given many training sessions for educational authorities and medical practitioners.
He is a member of the Society of Education Consultants, and a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
About Paul Bench's work:
- Public Speaking clients are assisted in the preparation of speech writing and presentation skills as well as effective methods for managing “nerves”
- Speech faults are identified and addressed
- Accents may be softened for both native and foreign speakers to enable clear and positive communication
- He offers personal training in Acting, Elocution, Verse Speaking, Performance Psychology and Preparation for Auditions to Drama Schools
- Students may be for prepared for Lamda exams
- He draws from his experience in performance and acting techniques as well as a therapist
- The coaching is both practical and interactive and is always attuned to individual need
- He has CBR enhanced clearance